San Diego Supervisors Approve Language for Marijuana Ballot Measure
The San Diego County Board of Supervisors approved ballot language last week for a November measure that would tax retail marijuana businesses in unincorporated areas. The vote came two months after supervisors opted to place a 75-word measure on the ballot.
The measure will be characterized as “a bipartisan solution to advance a safe, regulated, and legal adult cannabis market in San Diego County.” The vote for that description was 4-1 with Supervisor Jim Desmond opposed.
The measure would only affect marijuana businesses in unincorporated areas. Currently, there are five marijuana operations in unincorporated San Diego. They are:
- Outliers Collective, 8157 Wing Ave., El Cajon
- Ramona Cannabis Co., 736 Montecito Way, Ramona
- Releaf Meds, 618 Pine St., Ramona
- Olive Tree Wellness Center/JAXX Cannabis, 1210 Olive St., Ramona
- San Diego Natural/OutCo, 8530 Nelson Way, Escondido
These businesses originated as medical cannabis facilities, but were permitted to begin selling recreational weed in 2021.
Read more about the recently approved ballot language at Times of San Diego.