Pot Tax Measure Approved in Culver City
Culver City voters approved new business taxes on retail and cultivation cannabis enterprises Tuesday.
Measure A passed with 84.75% of the vote. It establishes tax rates as follows:
- Commercial marijuana cultivation: $12.00 per square-foot
- Adult-use marijuana retail: 6-10% of gross receipts
- Medical use marijuana retail: 5-8% of gross receipts
- Marijuana manufacturing: 4-6% of gross receipts
- Marijuana distribution: 2.6% of gross receipts
- Cannabis testing: 1-1.5% of gross receipts
A full text of the measure that went before voters is available here.